Packing up your household can be a daunting task, especially if, like us, you have lived in one place for a while. Cr*p just keeps piling up and it looks like quite a challenge to wade through all of it. But to me, going through old picture and boxed I haven’t seen the inside of for the past few years, it’s quite the cathartic experience. And it does diminish the number of boxes you need to move into storage. Today, while going through my electronics stuff, I found and threw away (amonst other things):
- two Windows XP installation guides (still in original wrapping)
- the manual to the router I had about 5 years ago
- a charger cable for my very first laptop (that I bought during my studies)
- about 10 regular power cables for computers / monitors / etc – all long gone
- a 24-pin printer cable, still in the original packaging
It’s amazing what went into these boxes, because “well, I might need that in the future…”
I can only adivse anyone with a similar mindset to go through their boxes at least every 5 years. It will dramatically cut down on your storage space needs.