The question: “what is the best place to live in Melbourne with children” was one of the most important questions that we had when we decided to move to Australia. “Why did you move to Mount Waverley” is also the most commonly asked question that we get here. So here is our story. Continue reading “Where to live with children in Melbourne?”
When we were in the process of weighing the pro’s and con’s of moving to Australia and after we made the decision to follow our dream a lot of practical questions came into our mind.
We have answered questions from our personal experience:
- Where to live with children in Melbourne?
- How do you find and rent a house in Australia?
- To ship or not to ship our belongings?
- How do you transport as much luggage as possible in the airplane?
- What does it cost to start completely new in Australia?
- What is the cost of living in Melbourne?
- What are the monthly fixed costs for telephone, internet, phone, gas, water, electricity ?
- What are the things to know about buying a car?
- What health insurance do you need?
- What other insurances do you need?
I think many of these questions will be questions that most expats will have before they move or right after they have moved. We found rather little answers to/experiences about these questions. Maybe because you sort these things out once and then forget about it as quickly as possible. Or they end up at the bottom of a blog, where they can hardly be found.
You can google just about anything, but we were looking for practical experience from other people. You do find a lot on forums, but you have to go through so many pages. One of the goals we have with our blog is to inspire or help others with the same dreams or plans.That is why we made the plan to include as many tips and practicalities on our blog and keep them accessible. They are all based purely our personal experience.
If you have any more questions about moving to Australia , feel free to leave a comment or send us an e-mail and I will try to answer them and add them to this list.